Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Recap on the past week

I have not been very successful at posting current updates to our blog! I'll try to do better!
Donovan's birthday was last Friday, so on Wednesday Brighton & I went shopping. I kept telling him we were getting a present for Daddy. Only in the store did I say we were getting a movie. Well, that night at dinner, I say to Brighton - tell Daddy we got him a surprise today. He says, "Surprise, Daddy! Movie!" So much for keeping secrets! It's a good thing that he only knows letters and can't read yet, or he probably would have told him what movie, too! It was very cute.
Friday, after Stroller Strides class and playgroup, we went to Silver Dollar City for Donovan's birthday. We tried to ride the train with Brighton (after getting our funnel cake, of course, just like my mom taught me!). As soon as we sit down, Brighton started saying NO, NO, NO and crying. Thankfully we were able to get off before the train left the station. I am sure the people seated around us were even more thankful we got off! We were just walking around and decided to go into the Geyser Gulch area to see what all was there. They have this huge room full of foam balls, vacuum tubes, canons, and such. Brighton loved it! In fact, he loved it so much that we were there for about 1 1/2 hours. He still cried when we made him leave. So, if you ever need to find us at SDC, you know where we'll be!
Here is a video of him playing there (It's not very good quality - it's from my cell phone)


No comments: