Monday, May 19, 2008

Late post about Mother's Day

So, I know it was over a week ago, but I thought I'd make an entry about my Mother's Day this year. It was SO great! We got up and went to church. In nursery, Brighton colored me a Mother's Day picture and made a picture with his thumbprint that had a poem on it. He did such a good job on both of them, I can't believe he's so big that he's making me presents!
Donovan taught him to say "Happy Mother's Day!", so he told me that a few times - very cute! In my card from Brighton were season passes to Silver Dollar City for Donovan & I. Yea! I also got a really nice Cuisinart blender, which I have been wanting.
The presents were great, but the best part was just spending the day together. We decided to head to Branson even though it was unseasonably cold - on the way down, the radio said with the wind chill, it was in the 40's. Because of the weather, we decided not to go to SDC. We went to the outlet mall and picked up a couple of things and then headed down to the Landing. We had a late lunch at Joe's Crab Shack, where I had the super yummy coconut shrimp! Then we did a little shopping there. It had finally warmed up a bit, so we stopped by Marble Slab and then took our ice cream out to the benches where we could see the fountains and the lake. Afterwards, we walked the trail by the lake for a bit and headed home. I had a wonderful day with my family!
Here's a pic of Bright & me (in our sweaters b/c it was so cold!).

No comments: