Saturday, January 24, 2009

We donated poop...

well, at least I think that's what happened. The DAV had called & said there was a truck coming. I was excited because I had quite a bit of stuff I hadn't got around to dropping off yet. I got it all ready the night before and set it at the front of the garage so all I had to do was open the garage door and push it out. Well, Rigley was up early and crabby and I totally forgot. When I went out later, there was a tag on the door that said "thank you for donating" at the top, but on down it said, "Sorry we missed you." I just figured they left it so I would know that they stopped, but my stuff wasn't there. Then as I was making dinner it hit me that I had changed a dirty diaper, but it wasn't outside when I went out there.We don't keep poopy diapers inside the house, we tie them in a plastic bag and toss them in the outside bin. Well, during the day when I'm busy with the boys I just open the door & toss the bag towards the bin & then go out later and actually put them in the bin.

I feel horrible, but what can I do? I mean, you could see through the bag - it was a very thin Wal-Mart one, so you should have been able to see it was a diaper. Plus, it was over by the trash bin. Our car was out front, if he would have just rang the bell I could have opened the garage and directed him to the actual donations.

So, I really think that the driver took the bag with the poopy diaper and left me a thanks for donating tax receipt. What's the charitable value of a dirty diaper?

2 comments:

Matt&Maisie said...

That is one of the best stories I've heard in a long time. I guess I'll congratulate?? you on your or should I say Rigley's charitable donation!

Jo-Ann said...

I stumbled across your blog today and wanted to say hello. My oldest (now 6) was born with an atypical clubfoot. While his journey is different then most clubfoot kids, I was wondering if it would be ok to add your blog to my foot blog list?

Btw, GREAT story! heeheehee