Friday, July 18, 2008

My husband, the Olympian (well, sort of!)

Tonight the USA Softball team was in Springfield for an exhibition game. The coaches of the local universities were invited to be on the coaching staff of the Midwest All-Stars - the team playing the USA Olympic team. So, Donovan got to be on the field with the Olympians.

Here is Donovan coaching first base - Andrea Duran is playing 1B for Team USA.
Here is Jennie Finch in the on deck circle.


After the game, Brighton hung out with Daddy. At autograph time, he took the ball to the players and asked them (all on his own - no coaching from Daddy), "You color on my go-ball, please?" So, Brighton has a softball full of Team USA's autographs. Then, he ran the bases with Tairia Flowers and Vicky Galindo.

5 comments:

Joni said...

That is really awesome!! I miss you guys! Come see us!:)

Aaron & Dana Craven said...

I'm so glad to see you made it till the softball game! I can't wait to hear that the baby has come!!

Joni said...

Beau is jealous!

Justine said...

How is this! I love women's softball. I'm so jealous.

Dava said...

It's so exciting for Donovan to have the opportunity. I bet Brighton was the little man of the hour there with all the girls!